February 10, 2012 Have courage!
Are you spending your days being productive or just sustaining status quo? Are you one of those people who believe they are stuck in a role for survival? Whether its working only to feed the hog (dependents, utilities, mortgage, etc.) or being a weekend warrior, or worse yet a clock watcher! What brings this comfort zone of “just getting by” or not caring about the daily work? Is it the environment? Is it the boss?
I believe these “status-quo” thoughts have extinguished the burning desire to improve our life simply because its easier. It is not the conditions, (because those come and go) it is the comfort zone. We all get discouraging words or thoughts when we tip toe out of the comfort zone.
Talk about being discouraged far away from any comfort zone: I remember being in front of a panel of potential investors and being so ridiculed for not saying or doing the right things, they simply kicked me off stage. Holy SHNICKIES! did that sting. Do I remember that experience vividly 9 years later? Yes. Did it get me down for 6 months? Yes. Did I get an achievement start-up award from that same group 2 years later? Yes. (WTF)
Be sure to have a “go-getter” mindset. Do not let discouragement effect you. Whether its external voices, internal dialog, or being sore from lifting a box last year ;), simply know discouraging stuff will come, but stop allowing yourself to get discouraged. Or even better: know there is negative sh*t everywhere, but stay away from it!
- 01Physically write a short term plan (6+ months) Helps to read it aloud when you feel like you are stuck or it is raining B.S.
- 02 Misery loves company. So stay away from those freaks! Surround yourself with achievers.
- 03 Do not let your or anyone’s emotion dictate your mood. Nice and steady. No one likes a moody person.
- 04 Change your internal dialog. Use your conscious thoughts to improve yourself instead of talking about problems (yours or other peoples.)
- 05 Stop watching that damn FOX NEWS! They cannot report positive news for 10 minutes straight. I guess sensationalism is not going away soon. Feed your brain with positive encouraging words. Go on a drama diet!
- 06Talk and think shop when you are bore. Check out BNet or Fast Company.